Apply to lead the inaugural cohort of Fulbright Amazonia Initiative Scholars. Deadline: May 31st, 2022
Send proposals and questions to [email protected]
- Candidates must apply in pairs – one scholar from the United States, and one from Brazil.
- Applicants must have a PhD, substantial research, and multi-sectoral work experience, including living/working in the Amazon.
- Expertise in Amazonian issues, knowledge of regional scholarship, and the ability to advise on program design and implementation.
- Experience leading an international, multidisciplinary team of applied researchers.
- Resource and land management
- Public health and pandemic preparedness
- Education and human development
- Green Energy
- Indigenous Rights
- Environmental Studies
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- May 31, 2022: Co-Lead Scholar team proposal deadline
- June 2022: Co-Lead Scholar team selected
- June-August 2022: Program design and planning phase
- September 2022 – March 2023: Selection of sixteen Fulbright Amazonia Initiative Scholars
- June 2023: Opening meeting
- March 2024: Mid-program meeting
- December 2024: Final meeting